can'

Sunday, December 23, 2007

A, somewhat belated, christmas message

I see friends shaking hands, saying how do you do? They’re really saying, “I love you” Louis Armstrong

I’m on my own but not alone, soaking Christmas through my pores and drinking festive spirit over ice. Surrounded by humanity, flawed, sinning, and glorious humanity. The air is lousy with goodwill and celebration. It’s far from perfect but, to me, its flaws make it palatable. People around me are simply celebrating; the birth of an invisible big beard’s son may be the excuse but, as cheesy as it sounds, love and friendship are the true source, connecting with friends and enjoying their company is an older ritual as religion. Christmas is a festival of love and giving much older than the Jew King. A time, in the darkest part of the year, to let your loved ones know they are loved.

Goth classics bellow from the speakers and through this atmosphere they seem as seasonal and Christmassy as Cliff Richard. Even in a trendy pub in a fashionable nook of a big city, you can find a tone of unguarded friendship and goodwill.

Despite the outmoded religious nomenclature this time of year has the potential to be festival of family, friends, love and giving, so please surround yourself with these things and have a very merry Christmas.

All my love

Danny

4 Comments:

Blogger Pedjazoo ranted..

I dont even think it sounds cheesy. There's nothing greater than Love and Friendship and I am just wondering how amazing it would be if the entire planet would chill out and spread some love at least in that one week. What impact would it have on others, but above all on themselves? “Hey, being nice and friendly is not as shit as I thought!” Imagine the long term consequences…

However, the papers were already full of dark news. Stabbing and shooting, as usual. Not even for one week could the bastards lay down the weapons and celebrate life.

Enduring the dullness and looking forward to Christmas 2008.

11:05 AM  
Blogger Ultra Toast Mosha God ranted..

Are you one of these incredibly rare Happy Goths that I have been desperatly - and unsuccessfully - trying to track through the the murkey troughs of Bristols darkened underbelly?

If so, then congratulations, Sir.

You are enigma.

2:27 PM  
Blogger Shroom Monkey ranted..

awwww Danny hugs across the nation... how cute... I almost broke into the Team Rocket Speal from Pokemon... how does it go??

To protect the world from devastation

to unite all peoples within our nation

to denounce the evils of truth and love

to extend our reach to the stars above

Danny! Team huggles, friendship and love blast off to the stars above...

well, yeah I am lame... you knew that though....

3:21 PM  
Blogger Puck ranted..

yeah i guess i am mellowing out in my age, 29 in a few days. my new years resolution is to give more love than i receive.

I'm an EX goth, they wouldn't have me for long because i refused to take it seriously, and i only lived in Bristol for eight months.

11:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Booze is my