can'

Friday, May 13, 2005

On why kids are ace and bears are scary

The other day I spent two hours playing Samurai with my awesome five-year-old nephew, M. Samurai is a sword fight too the death for the honour of our ancestors, except we have pillows for swords and we get to speak in slightly deeper voices, jump about a bit more and we call all our moves names. My “fist of a hundred pillows” wont be soon forgot and M’s “death slash from above” actually gave me a nasty carpet burn. Luckily his Dad came to collect him before M had to suffer the indignity of seeing his uncle collapse with exhaustion.

I love kids, I know that doesn’t really fit in with the cynical and jaded worldview I normally write with but there you go.

The fix is in, this morning I got the details of the camp I will be spending the summer, it’s camp LENOLOC (colonel backwards I’m sure there’s a reason), sorry guys no link there isn’t a website, which is worrying. What also is worrying is the location it on bear mountain, yep BEAR MOUNTIAN. Which leads me to one of three conclusions:

1. Its meant ironically, there’s probley has never been a bear on bear mountain in fact 9 out 10 bears said they hate the place and wouldn’t go there for all the salmon in the world.
2. It’s a meeting place for chunky bearded homosexuals
3. The place is famous for bears, BIG FUCKIN BEARS WITH SHARP TEETH AND BIG BASTARD CLAWS

Anyway I have just sent a nice e-mail to the owner and will relay the information as I get it.

2 Comments:

Blogger Puck ranted..

Niether doopy or scout mate, is bear mountain anywhere near you?

12:50 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous ranted..

You know what dude?

IT FUCKIN IS!! Yeah woo hoo. (and all that).

Erm, what was i saying? Oh yeah. Tuesday dude, dont go to skool.

10:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Booze is my