can'

Saturday, October 07, 2006

just passin' time

I'm in my favourite hole, the remains of last nights tips sit half drunk in front of me, absent mindly staring at the wall using my teeth to pick out glass from the hard skin of my already scarred hands, this bar has no windows which suits me I'm hiding from autumns over-rated glamour.

I have work in exactly four hours and fifteen minutes, a thought that is becoming less daunting with every swallow. A parade of laughable rock poser clowns have just left the pub, kissing and backslapping their way up the stairs like the Z list celebrities they both hate and secretly long to be. It's sad to think that wearing black and having long hair is no longer shocking enough for these people, that they feel obliged to look as if a couler blind five year old was allowed to dress them. Or maybe I'm just getting old. Coming to this place is like taking a long relaxing bath in the past, safe and familiar, ok faces change but the arch-types don't, over there you have the fading poodle rockers, next to the fat kids turned Goths are the obligatory rich kids slumming it, and at the end wearing only tatty denim, leather waistcoat and very bad tattoos is the resident psychopath who likes to think of himself as a "character" but really just an annoying old rocker, far past his prime that took to many blows to the head stage diving to Megadeath.

There is a lot of pretension in here, but at least its honest pretension, a joke we're all in on.

5 Comments:

Blogger nouseforaname ranted..

When I read your writing, I always feel like I am riding a cloud and seeing this scenario from above. Almost dreamlike....

I love your writing..... cool, very cool........

1:44 PM  
Blogger Tumuli ranted..

"There is a lot of pretension in here, but at least its honest pretension, a joke we're all in on."

Agreed. Your posts are superb: detailed, precise, topical, analytical, simultaneously surreal and realistic.

You definitely hit something about the wannabes and poseurs. So many exist that there are derivatives of derivatives, multiplied to infinity! And the "outsiders" are now in... How did that happen?

9:39 PM  
Blogger Puck ranted..

thank you guys, your compliments make me blush

speshly cos i was going to delete this post, i thought it a little weak and not "about" anything.

and the compliments are double because they are from two writers that i particualry respect.

anyway enough mutal cocksucking

11:18 PM  
Blogger nouseforaname ranted..

Ohh no don't stop, I quite like it. A little to the left baby, oooohhhh you know how I like it..... mmmmmm, that's right....

ha....

2:33 PM  
Blogger Chris ranted..

Will you two stop cyber-fucking! I'm getting jealous!

9:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Booze is my