can'

Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Clumsy sweet self


I have never been a fan of being told what I can and can’t do. The most obvious example of this is my desire to be a writer only manifesting itself shortly after being told I am so very dyslexic. My own body even revolts against me; I tell myself that I have to be up early, so my brain, in a fit of pointless defiance, decides not to shut itself down until a couple of hours before I should be getting up. Maybe it’s an unconscious self destruction trip, a background desire to check out guns-a-blazin’ rather than quietly shrivel into a nursing home.

With that in mind it’s not surprising that while my brain constantly points out the girls who it is smart to start liking, and, more importantly, the ones I really shouldn’t, the ones I stand least chance with, the ones who deserve better and the ones who are, ultimately, a bad idea.

And, of course, it’s those girls my heart decides a suicidal running leap at.

This one was subtle, desire creeping up into me like an accent, unnoticed at first, but soon so thick that people can’t understand a word your saying. She ticks all the boxes of the ideal girl checklist and a few hidden on a second page that wasn’t even aware of.

Encased in a giggling storm of curly dark brown hair, her eyes are blue with pupils ringed with hazel and framed lightly with freckles, which continue over her eyelids. A button sweet nose and a mouth that permanently turns up at the sides and disappear with a charcoal smudge. I could spend hours staring at her face, and by now probably have, switching from seeing with artists eyes to writers eyes to boyfriends eyes (all of which I have dabbled with in the past).

She makes me happy, not necessarily by the things she says or does, but just by being around, by being her clumsy sweet self.

7 Comments:

Blogger Chris ranted..

Dude! Man license please...

7:46 PM  
Blogger Puck ranted..

screw you, i saw your msn picture on her lap-top today. holding hands with your tiny girlfreind at dusk?! blarggh

7:52 PM  
Blogger Chris ranted..

It's not dusk and we weren't holding hands! I was on a hill. Somewhere. Screwing me is fine though ;) x

9:04 PM  
Blogger Olulabelle ranted..

Well I think it's a beautiful thing to write about someone.

10:21 PM  
Blogger Puck ranted..

and it is sweet of you to defend me, thank you B.

the problem lies in Chris being northern and unable to show his emotions. (although if you check out his blog, you may fall in love with him a bit - he writes that well.)

hes still a massive luddite coal eating gravey fetishist though.

11:13 PM  
Blogger Olulabelle ranted..

I posted you a comment but blogger ate it. I said that I thought it had less to do with being Northern and more to do with being jealous of that kind of love.

I also wanted to know what a gravy fetishist does with gravy.

I wonder if Blogger will eat this too? If it does I shall know I am not supposed to post.

2:15 PM  
Blogger Puck ranted..

Chris is already in that kind of love, not only for me but also a young lady.

And you really really dont want to know what a gravey fetishist gets up to

11:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Booze is my