can'

Thursday, July 14, 2005

the best councilor in the fucking world

This happened today, I see a young girl crying, seven maybe eight years old. Not just scraped-my-knee crying I mean really sobbing (you remember the ones as a kid where you crying so hard you didn't know where to put the breaths so you end up hyper-ventilating? No? Me neither, I never cried like that, I think my sister did yeah that's it my sister, but defiantly not me crying is for girls). Anyway this child was crying
"what's the matter, darling?" I ask (I called all the girls darling, cos I never remembered there names), she looks up and says "all the other girls are teasing me because I miss my mom"
"that's ok" I say suddenly becoming supercounciller, I give a little cuddle (the side to side US government ok'ed cuddle, not the deviant front to front kind forbidden at camp)
"lots of people miss there mommys, that's probley why there teasing you because they miss there mommys too, we all get to see them real soon though." *yes* I think *I am the best councilor in the fucking world, I wonder if there is a trophy?*
" I wont" and she starts to sob again "my mommy is in prison and I'm worried I wont see her again"

Shit

What do you say to that? Feeling like the biggest idiot in the world, I cuddle a bit harder and try not to cry myself. Nothing worse than having to cash a reality cheque written by a 8 year old.
Working with these kids is hard hard work, but that's ok, they deserve it, most of they live hard hard lives.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous ranted..

Cuddling an 8 year old you dont know?
Sounds a bit suss to me!

8:31 PM  
Blogger Puck ranted..

dear anon

so im guessing in that situtation you wouldnt cuddle the girl mentioned? i hope you die soon and never infect the world with your un-loved spawn. im talking about REAL children in horrendus situations and you make pedo jokes? fuck you.

11:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Booze is my