can'

Thursday, June 22, 2006

alls well that ends well

It's early, normal person early and I'm in enemy territary (starbucks) drinking a cup of coffee the size of a victorian tin bath. I'm trying to make the leap from tired, irratable, misanthrope puck too positive can-do (and more importantly) employable puck, its not that I'm trying to be something I'm not- employable puck is one of many, genuine personalities. Its just that the other personalities dont like him very much.

Job interviews have never really bothered me much- my charm trumps my dyslexia everytime, in fact, its been said many times that first dates are like job interveiws- the hard part is getting someone intrested in the first place. Hopefully this will be the start of a no-strings month long fling phone monkeying at a help desk.

(later)

Shit shitty shit balls, its deer in the headlights time, not only was there a small error on my CV implying i had 18 months more experiance than i actually do have (whoops), but also i have had to sit through numouracy and spelling tests, my poor vodka soaked dyslexic brain has muddled through the best it can, hopefully the combination of blind luck and a nice tie will scrape me by. I can't be that hopefull though- the coffee is crashing out my system and i have been sitting in reception so long, I am begining to think its some sort of assertivness test.

(much later)

got the job, to hungover to say much but, woop!

7 Comments:

Blogger Reese ranted..

YAY! Congradulations, Puck.

8:09 PM  
Blogger Puck ranted..

thank you, now all i have to do is blag it for a month. but YAY anyway

11:07 PM  
Blogger Reese ranted..

"blag"??? PUCK, speak English please.

2:00 AM  
Blogger Puck ranted..

BLAG

i dont really think i have the skills required for the job, but there's an outside chance that i can blag it.

2:04 PM  
Blogger Reese ranted..

To gain, usually entrance to a restricted area or club, or some material good, through confidence trickery or cheekiness. Lying is also acceptable.

Okay, gotcha. I'm sure you'll blag it no problem.

(i signed up as an editor of that dictionary, you know, and actually had the moxy to list my status as "editor" as some kind of accomplishment on my grad school application. they'll never know that any old person can sign up. hee hee)

11:30 PM  
Blogger nouseforaname ranted..

I hate working- I hate jobs- I hate my boss and every single last person on my floor. I like the stairs- they tripped the boss, who fell to her doom. Yeah, no having to look at old "Camel Toes" for at least a week!

7:44 PM  
Blogger Puck ranted..

My job is harder than a granite statue of chuck norris, i have three days to learn it, and an IQ of 25 to learn it with. at least at the end of the week i will be the only person in the department, as the rest are going on holiday or retiring.

OK that means i will have no one to ask at a job im only half trained on, so therefore could bankrupt (or at least severly fuck) the company, but at least i wont have to hear them rattle on about there holidays.

if i was you i would be the bestest friend with thoses stairs

9:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Booze is my