can'

Friday, June 09, 2006

Hello little one, sorry about the world cup.

First of all, I have a niece! This morning they cut a fresh baby girl out of my sister, three weeks before she was due to make an appearance. I'm relived to hear that both are doing well, despite the various complications that were expected. For the record I have never really got on with my sister but the news she is ok is a surprisingly huge relief. I am always amazed how she has produced such beautiful children.

As of writing the poor little one isn't named yet, but here's to your continued health and a pledge as your eldest uncle to look out for you.

****

Kays catalogue model wannabes swish around me while I lurk in a corner supping expensive warm beer in a bar on Broad Street, I chose the bar on the basis that it had the least England bunting sprayed on its doors, this, I admit, was a mistake. I have realised that there is one thing I hate more than the brainless beer swilling jingo-infected football idiot, and that's the smug overdressed prick who think they are superior to the brainless beer swilling jingo-infected football idiot just to go on and exhibit exactly the same behaviour.

I'm going to make my stance on football (and the world cup) clear, it's ok, that's all, ok. I don't hate it, although I do hate fervent unquestioning love of it. I don't love it, although I can have, and do enjoy, watching and talking about it, occasionally. I am looking forward to the world cup, but am not looking forward to every pub being dominated by it, the idiots that it can attract, and every conversation I have with being solely about it.

I love my country- but sometimes hate all the people that live in it.

A pack of teen-something's have just walked in, laughably all of them come in fancy dress, the theme being "Top Shop idiots", I used to work with the Alpha idiot and, as you'd expect, wasn't very nice to him (bully is such a strong word). I have scars older than this prick but hassle is hassle so I'm going to exit stage left and go see X-men III. Keep checking the two minute review site for my opinion.

5 Comments:

Blogger Reese ranted..

Congradulations on the neice, Puck. That's very exciting!

1:26 PM  
Blogger Matt Atkins ranted..

this had nothin to do with your post. hang on...go team baby!!!, now it does. anyhow you will like this

http://www.rathergood.com/football/

you'll like it cos you don't like footie but like it more than me.

9:10 AM  
Blogger Puck ranted..

thanks guys.

shes off the incubator and feeding, so good news all round. yay

11:49 PM  
Blogger Reese ranted..

What's her name? Puckette?

8:32 PM  
Blogger Puck ranted..

still just "baby" at the moment, there is much debate about its name.

9:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Booze is my