can'

Tuesday, February 12, 2008

How to waste more time on the internet


Why not try twitter?

twitter is basically the best part of Facebbok, the status updates but stripped of the hundreds of photos of you looking drunk and fat, the constant badgering to become a zombie ninja or a Jedi werewolf, or the inane groups that despite the media attention has no political power or social pressure at all.

The premise is you update your status, and the people that follow yours updates get passed the message and you, in turn get passed on the status of the people you choose to “follow”, the coolest part of this is is that this can be done from your computer or direct via text message. Of course you can tweak it to only send updates to your phone from the people you really like or interested in. The Sidebar is my tweeter stream which I am trying to use a little creatively or at least get a couple of good turns of phrase now and again. Strangers can also follow you, which isn’t as creepy as it sounds it just means that they are getting your status in their update list. At the moment I have two followers who are perfectly delightful, one is a pregnant journalist and writer called Amp, and the other, as far as I can make out is and octopus called “Finsbury”, so it’s nice that twitterings have a little audience.

This of course has all sorts of potential, although at the moment the novelty of being able to update my blog from my bath is, to me, a clear sign we live in the future.

Sign up it free, twitter and you can find me HERE

9 Comments:

Blogger Shroom Monkey ranted..

ummmm, I submit, you were right.... kinda strange, but I love it for the fact that I now have a place to document all my random thoughts... gawd, world be warned....

12:38 PM  
Blogger Ultra Toast Mosha God ranted..

Updating from the bath eh? You're living the dream.

10:05 AM  
Blogger Puck ranted..

shroom - i know too good, too time consuming

Toasty - living large my friend, living large. join twitter, might be good on your travels, when no t'internet is available like maybe when your treed by coyotes or trapped by mutent hillbilly's

3:39 PM  
Blogger Chris ranted..

sell out!

7:24 PM  
Blogger Puck ranted..

luddite!

2:16 PM  
Blogger Ultra Toast Mosha God ranted..

Mutant Hillbillies sounds like another FaceBook application.

11:02 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous ranted..

I don't understand how it works. I'm usually not this technologically incompentent.

Love Lula

1:25 PM  
Blogger Puck ranted..

lula next time we meet i will explain, and probably spout off for a while about how cool it is.

8:41 PM  
Blogger Olulabelle ranted..

I know someone on my LJ friends list who updates her journal by twitter and it's very annoying. I wouldn't mind if I somehow just got little updates somewhere else though.

We saw you walking home from work yesterday and Mix nearly threw himself out of the car trying tog et your attention, but you were plugged into the Man and did not see us.

10:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Booze is my