can'

Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Note from the pub

Decompressing after another day, the brightness of the sun tricking me into a buying a beer. The LED sign on the bar is telling me it was served at 2.9oC which is about the ambient temperature of the pub also. Summer is being a delicious flirt this year, teasing us with snatches of sun, showing us the light but making wait with throbbing hearts for the heat, slowly sliding up winters skirt before making us wait for her to roll down spring’s stockings.

My work days are not long but can be hard, today I have been spat at, headbutted and kicked in the shin; I have watched while, one child’s nose ran into his waiting mouth, another consumed fistfuls of sand and wash it down with soapy water and another cower away from my touch just because I was new. It’s hard but could be harder because I have also been giggled at, hugged, and as I was leaving, had my hand kissed. I think to enjoy the job I have all I have to do is love the kids and fortunately, despite the random violence and general grossness, they don’t make that part difficult at all.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous ranted..

Working at Shireland language college by any chance? Sounds pretty rough!

12:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous ranted..

@Antonio - second that!

Danny your a stronger willed man than me. Was great meeting you on Monday for a few jars - did you notice they had a 2.9oC LED sign at the Dragon Inn too? Probably not, you were in full ranting swing! Thoroughly enjoyed it.

12:34 PM  
Blogger Puck ranted..

yeah i work with kids with autism, that day was with five year olds and i was new to the class so it was particularly difficult. hence the reason for having a few before i got home from work and deciding to go to the blogging meet and having a few more.

the led sign is just another indicator for TEH FUTURE, a random piece of the information cloud we choose to surround ourselves in.

12:51 PM  
Blogger Ultra Toast Mosha God ranted..

This temperature business sounds rather terrifying. Recently, I was fired from a pub where such frivolity would be judged akin to witchery.

What's next?

Pint glasses that warn you when they're nearly empty? Glass holders built into the table that fill your glass from the bottom up through some kind of specially engineered pint-hatch?

11:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Booze is my